We are Thrust Carbon 🌳 🌳 🌳
Thrust Carbon is the emissions intelligence platform for business travel. We are on a mission to drive the industry towards net-zero. We currently power sustainability solutions for over $52bn of annual travel spend and we are expanding rapidly.
Joining Thrust Carbon means you will have a direct impact on the climate disaster currently facing the world. The footprint of your work will prevent hundreds of thousands of tonnes of CO2e from entering the atmosphere. We are expanding our technical team, offering remote or hybrid working roles (office space in Bristol/London 1-2 days per week) to curious developers who share our vision and culture.
What your role entails
- 👩💻 We are looking for someone that has a strong aptitude for APIs, and your role will include integrating with third parties as well as making sure our API is client perfect.
- Our API is used by clients making billions of requests per-year, where latency, response times and data quality are critical.
- We integrate with many external data sources to ensure we have the best possible data for our carbon calculations.
- 👨🔬 You can expect to interact with exciting clients and suppliers that are looking to integrate with Thrust Carbon, or where we are integrating with that client.
- 📚 You will be expected to write high-quality and comprehensively tested code. Our CI system means that your code will be continuously deployed multiple times per week.
- 👨👧👦 You will not be expected to manage anyone to begin with, but we are growing fast so leadership opportunities will be available in the near future.
What experience, requirements & skills you must have
- 🧑🔧 We are looking for a mid-level engineer with 3+ years of experience with Laravel (please do not apply if you do not have Laravel experience).
- 🕰 The role is remote or hybrid at your preference (1-2 days week in Bristol/London for Hybrid), but you must operate in a Europe, Africa or East Coast USA timezone.
- ✍️ You must be comfortable writing tests, as all functionality requires an integration test at a minimum.
- 🤖 You must be comfortable - and ideally, enjoy - integrating with APIs.
- 🎤 You must have fluent spoken and written English.
What additional skills are appreciated
- ⌨️ Strong knowledge of Git, Postgresql (or other relational databases), React and AWS.
- 👨💻Experience with client facing calls and managing requirements.
- 🖨 Experience writing & editing technical documentation, and an eye for spotting where we can improve our documentation.
- 🌍 A passion for solving the climate disaster.
Salary & Perks
- 💰 Competitive salary - from £45,000
- 🚢 30 days holiday + UK bank holidays + your birthday off
- ⛰ Fully remote business (with regular opportunities to meet colleagues in person)
- ⛷ Regular low carbon team-building trips across the UK and Europe!
- 📈 Share option scheme
A note for agencies & recruiters
☢️This is a direct job listing for prospective candidates; at this time this role is not open to agencies or recruiters. We have a strong policy of not working with businesses that do not respect our preferences. We will blocklist any agencies or recruiters from future work with Thrust Carbon if we are contacted about this role.