This individual will work closely with internal and external resources and will function as a Software Engineer specifically tasked with Data Engineering on a multi-functional team.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will contribute towards designing, developing and maintaining our application enhancement efforts at various layers of our platform.
Work within a growing Agile development team on high-impact features, helping the team deliver on our next-generation enterprise web-application:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain rich web applications and micro-services
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using PostgreSQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Embrace and implement modern technologies and frameworks
- Promote innovative and elegant software design while actively helping to drive the team toward best practices and solutions with a focus on security, reliability, testability, and maintainability
- Take responsibility and ownership of your projects
- Perform code and design reviews
- As time goes on you may be asked to coach and mentor other engineers on the team
- 3-5+ years of experience in creating well-written applications, with ideal experience being comprised of Laravel / Vue.js / Nuxt / PostgreSQL / TailWind CSS
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Proficiency with at least one server-side languages/frameworks such as PHP and Laravel
- Familiarity with database technology such as Postgres, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Experience working through the software development life cycle on software development teams and the associated tools (git, Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Successfully deployed code/features, multiple times, while working in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Implementing cloud infrastructure (one of AWS, Azure or GCE), virtualization and/or container technology
- Passion for keeping current on trends related to frontend architectures, performance techniques, accessibility, localization, security and web design/user experience
- Comfortable working on a team that experiments with its processes and practices as well as evolving them when necessary
- Comfortable working on distributed onshore/offshore team
- Bachelors or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent level work experience.
- Partnering and teamwork
- Ability to work with little oversight
- Attention to detail
- Very organized / Methodical
- Critical / Analytic / Objective
- Data collection, management and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team-oriented and personally committed to continuous improvement
- Demonstrate ability to interface effectively and positively with all members of the organization, suppliers and customers
- Computer literacy for basic Microsoft Office applications and Google platform
Rimsys is a world-leading provider of Regulatory Information Management (RIM) software for medical technology companies that digitizes, automates, and creates regulatory order.
Our software was built by regulatory affairs professionals who spent decades dealing with the same inefficiencies that regulatory affairs departments experience today. James Gianoutsos founded Rimsys in 2017, recognizing that while regulatory management platforms existed for pharmaceutical companies, medical technology companies face an entirely different set of challenges and requirements. Equipped with the expertise and drive to give regulatory affairs professionals a better way, we developed Rimsys: a RIM software built 100% for medtech companies.
To digitize, automate, and create regulatory order for the medical technology industry.