We are looking for a driven and pragmatic builder with an attitude. You have experience in building modern web applications from the ground up! You've seen various stacks and know how to trade off technologies and frameworks. Your mission will be to form a powerhouse within our product team to help customers understand the story and health of their wind turbines or heavy machinery.
You’ll be working on a set of technologies that must break down complicated machine learning solutions and deliver crucial value-add insights to the user. We operate at high scale - billions of data points per day - providing always-on predictive models, alarms and metrics visualisations for some of the largest and most sophisticated customers in the global renewable energy space. This is not your average dashboard, we're talking about visualising millions of data points in the browser, and make it feel like we're visualising a hundred. There’s a huge opportunity to make an immense impact. You will be working together tightly with an experienced product lead, a front-end developer, a UI/UX designer and a solid data science team to build a greenfield product suite that is already creating an impact on a global scale.
- Lead the full development of our web applications, especially focussed on the front-end. Tackling challenges such as swift visualisation of millions of data points in various plot types, and conveying the complex phenomena that occur in our customers systems in a simple and effective digital environment.
- Maintain and improve the back-end systems.
- Coach fellow team members on their technical work.
- Make architectural decisions on how to solve our engineering challenges and keep us future proof.
- Research new (upcoming) technologies that will considerably improve the user experience and or development time of our products.
- Help grow our Product team to support new customers and industries.
- Demonstrable experience (at least 4 years) in developing and deploying both front-end technology and back-end technology for modern web applications in production.
- You have production level experience in deployed web applications powered by Node
- You are comfortable following a stateless paradigm when it comes to scaling the servers that power the API
- A firm understanding of when (and when not) to use abstractions/frameworks for state management and view rendering. More importantly, if you do, which ones and why.
- Familiarity with modern databases, object relational mappers and utilising data pipelines within the web application stack
- When coding, you Don’t ever Repeat Yourself
- [bonus] would be that you have worked with Vue.js but experience in (modern) Angular / React is perfectly fine
- You Marie Kondo your project structure. Everything sparks joy and you fold code in such a way that it stands on its own.
- You know and love a module called [insert-random-word].js and you think it can change the way we work.
- You're pragmatic; you know when to trade off diving deep with quick fixes.
- You are curious and won't stop searching until you find the answer.
- You are excited to work with us at the Jungle HQ in Lisbon.
- You are eligible to work in the European Union.